When you start marketing commercial real estate business, begin by marketing locally. Start out by claiming your business in all the local search engines and adding rich information to each page. By adding a few, simple pieces of information to your local search engine listings, you’ll paint a fuller, more compelling picture for potential clients. Here’s how to get started.
1. Claim your business. To get views on the different maps and review sites, you’ll need to claim your business in popular search engines. Here are a few to get you started: Google | Yelp | Bing | Yahoo! . Here you’re going to fill out all the information for your commercial real estate brokerage. Company name, address, website, etc. Even a basic amount of information is better than nothing. This minimum amount of work will get you in the local results if someone is looking for a “commercial real estate agent near me”.
2. Hours of operation. Listings with hours specified received 120% more page views. This is likely driven by the high percentage of searches on Yelp that come from mobile users (65%), who are more likely to convert immediately. Be sure to fill in that tiny piece of information, especially when the statistics are showing such a high conversion rate.
3. Social media links. Businesses that link to their Twitter handle and Facebook page from listings received 54% – 83% more listing views. Social profiles provide consumers another opportunity to engage with a commercial real estate agent. If you don’t have social media, consider at least setting them up. Once your business listing is linked, you won’t have to go in later and re-do it. You’ll just start posting on social media when you’re ready.
4. Rich content. Listings with rich content (photo gallery, videos, descriptions) received 45% – 61% more listing views. Many businesses have this content on their website or social profiles that can easily be re-purposed for use in listings. Consider using photos of past deals, yourself or your team. Even an outside photo of your office building is better than nothing.
5. Content lists. Listings with enhanced content lists (menus, calendars, product lists) received up to 120% more listing views on average. Consider adding a bullet point list of your services offered, I.E. Tenant representation, Buying property, Selling property, Leasing vacant space.
Don’t have that kind of time on you? Don’t worry! A company called Yext will help you put together your content, photos, get reviews and setup your business listings with Google, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo!, Facebook, MapQuest, Citysearch and many, many more. Contact Yext (888) 444-2988 to learn more!